70% Peruvian Dark Raspberry Chocolate Bar: Behind the Bar
Today we wanted to give you a behind the scenes look at our fan favorite bar, our 70% Peruvian Dark Raspberry Chocolate bar. Here are 10 fun facts about this bar:
- Our Dark Raspberry bar was our first inclusion bar from back in 2016- it’s first name was our “Lunar Eclipse Bar”.
- Out of our 7 bar varieties and 3 origins, this is still our fan favorite bar!
- Our Peruvian cacao has strong citrus tasting notes which pairs well with our raspberries.
- Our Raspberry bar is free of refined sugar, soy, dairy and gluten and as always, sweetened with honey.
- If you have been a long-time fan of this bar you will notice that the look of our bar has changed, instead of the raspberries being on the front of the bar, they are now on the back of the bar.
- We buy the raspberries within the United States and they are freeze dried by Veteran Dry Goods here in Saint Louis, MO.
- We get our Cacao from Ucayali River Cacao which is a central fermentary that works with cocoa farmers along the Ucayali River outside of the Peruvian city of Pucallpa. The region has historically been afflicted with unrest from narco-trafficking and the presence of the Shining Path militant group. Ucayali River Cacao has partnered with USAID and Alianza Peru to give local farmers access to an alternate market for cocaine. Working with around 400 smallholder farmers with one to three hectares of land each, Ucayali River Cacao buys wet cacao at a premium price.
- The packaging for our bars are 100% compostable
- Just like all of our other bars, for every Dark Raspberry bar you purchase, we have pledged a portion of each sale to benefit education, outreach, and research for honeybees.
- Every Dark Raspberry bar is hand wrapped and hand poured to perfection.